Challans duck a la ferte-
- Cook the duck in the oven at 428 degrees F for 35 minutes. Remove the grease during cooking.
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Take the legs by detaching the drumstick, which will not be served. Carefully bone it to preserve their form. Take the fillets.
- Crush the skeleton. Add the duck stock and cook for 20 minutes.
- Poach the foie gras in this stock, soaking it. Put it in the tin-plate and keep them to finish the sauce.
- Grill the drumsticks and the fillets (the skin must be well crusty).
- Toast the sandwich bread. Put the goose liver escallops in a pan and cook. Place them on the toast at the very end.
- Place the duck on the serving dish, the toast on top of it, the sauce around, without being poured neither on the duck nor the toasts.
- The sauce must not boil after being bound. The duck skin must stay crusty. The duck should not be covered with sauce.